11 April 2011

Snack Attack!

Spring has sprung! ... Well, a little bit. Once in awhile we'll get a nice day of sunshine. It rains a lot where I live. When we do get that sun to come out we try to make the best of it. A day at the beach, a nice walk sans coats and, of course, barbeques!

I attended one of these little shin-digs the other day and when asked if I needed to bring a dish the host asked if I would like to bring dessert. Me? Dessert? Oh... I suppose.

At first I was thinking cookies. Cookies are simple and delicious. They didn't feel barbeque enough for me, though. You know what does feel like barbeque food? Puppy chow.

Not real puppy chow of course, but chex cereal covered in peanut butter and chocolate. Yes please. It's crunchy, sweet, and a great snack to munch on while playing Apples to Apples. Oh, and it's easy. Ridiculously so.

For anyone who has never heard of this snack (and don't feel ashamed, I hadn't until last summer) here's the recipe.

Puppy Chow
1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 (17.5 ounce) package crispy corn or rice cereal
1 pound confectioners' sugar*



Melt butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips together over low heat until creamy.

Pour over cereal until coated.






Pour coated mixture into paper bag. Add powdered sugar, close the bag, and shake! *I did not use all of the recommended sugar. I added about 1/3 cup at a time until it looked well coated. If you want to use a whole box, go ahead.


That's it! I guarantee it will be gone by the end of the night.

xoxo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment