20 April 2011

Cake Decorating

I finally did it. I signed up for Wilton's cake decorating class, hosted at my local Michael's arts & crafts store. I'm really, really excited! This has been something I've been wanting to do for a long time and have never had the nerve.

Yes, the nerve. I don't know what it was about cake decorating that had me a little scared. I do it at home and I'm not that bad at all. I have the Wilton book (that I love) and many supplies. A class, though, is different. Other people will see my cakes and, undoubtedly, my mistakes.

This is just the beginning course but I plan on later taking the fondant and gum paste courses, too.

I'm most excited about flower making. I'm not sure if we'll be doing a whole lot of this in the basics course but I hope we will. Even a little bit would be helpful. I have yet to make a successful flower, but I'm hoping by the end of May I'll have it down. Or at least a better idea of what I'm doing.

Wish me luck!

xoxo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment