25 August 2011

Polka Dot Dress Part Two: The Bodice

That title is pretty self-explanatory, but for those not in the know I've been working on a dress. It's a long process for me, but I'm taking my time so there are less mistakes. That's the plan anyway.

So far I just have the bodice done and, if I may say so myself, it's starting to look like something!



Going slowly is working out for me so far because I've only made one mistake and it was an easy fix. I got mixed up with the strap placement at first and could have had a problem when it was time to wear it. Thankfully I hadn't actually sewn it on yet when I realized what happened.

I just love the polka dots. Check out the cute fabric I found for the lining, too!




I originally was going to have a plain pink or purple lining but I couldn't pass up this precious floral pattern. Especially at $1.50 a yard; Wal-Mart is not my favorite place to buy anything but what a deal!

I can't wait to start work on the skirt soon. It has pockets. Pockets!

xoxo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment