12 March 2011

Who loves ginger? I do!

I love ginger. I made a marinade for salmon the other day (delicious) and it just wasn't enough. After I looked around online at a few different recipes I finally found one that didn't involve refrigerating the dough, which would have been fine if I didn't want these as soon as possible. These resulted in delicious, chewy cookies.


Ginger Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. ground ginger*
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tbs. water
1/4 c. molasses**
2 tbs. sugar


*I added an extra tsp. of freshly grated ginger root because, like I said, I love ginger.
**This one I didn't have, so I used brown sugar. 3/4 cup (firmly packed) for every cup of molasses.




I didn't eat all of those, but I could have...


Preheat oven 350F and bake 8-10 minutes



These are the ingredients I used.
Also, aside from my kitchen obviously being last renovated over 30 years ago, the lighting actually makes it look like I took the pictures in the 1970s. 


  1. Sift together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl cream butter and 1 cup of sugar.
  3. Beat in egg, water, and molasses.
  4. Gradually stir in dry mix.
  5. Shape into balls and roll in 2 tbs. sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.



I could have eaten them like this. This dough was amazing to roll, by the way. It wasn't too sticky or messy.




 Fresh out of the oven!



Ta-da! They are absolutely delicious. I actually feel that they could have used a little more bite, so maybe next time I'll throw in some candied ginger.

xoxo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment