08 June 2011

Yo-Yo T-Shirt


Awhile back a friend gifted me with a few articles of clothing that she no longer needed and/or no longer fit. This shirt was one of them. I love the soft grey color, but the sleeves were always a little loose down by my wrists. When I wore the shirt I usually rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. Then I had a thought about the last t-shirt reconstruction I did. If I could cut the sleeves off that shirt, why not this one?

So I did.



Then, tediously, I took out the seams on the sleeves. I then cut out circles, two different sizes, from the fabric. Using this tutorial (the first one) I made little yo-yo flowers from the circles.


I then placed these adorable little flowers about where I wanted them, deciding on an asymmetrical pattern. They were pinned and then I hand stitched them on.


I do no enjoy hand stitching, by the way. That is the nicest way I can say that. I'm also awful at it, but no one can tell from the front. Woo-hoo!
Now I have a cute, girly t-shirt that didn't cost me anything.


I am totally not a model. Just sayin'.
My backyard sure is green, though. Yes it is!

xoxo
Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete